Fantastic Fest 2011
- BOYS ON THE RUN
- THE SQUAD — worst of the fest
- YELLOW SEA, THE — my favorite of the fest
- INVASION OF ALIEN BIKINI
- BULLHEAD — 3rd most devastating film
- NEW KIDS TURBO
- ANIMATED SHORTS
- WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT KEVIN — 2nd most devastating film
- AN AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON — Rick Baker in attendance and an Olly Moss poster!!
- YOU’RE NEXT — my biggest surprise
- TAKE SHELTER — most devastating film of the fest
- Secret Screening # 1, THE SKIN I LIVE IN — Almodovar is back!!
- SNOWMAN’S LAND
- ELITE SQUAD II
- KILL ME PLEASE
- JUAN OF THE DEAD
- HOW TO STEAL 2 MILLION — winner of the “bless their hearts” award
- SLEEPLESS NIGHT
- MILOCRORZE: A LOVE STORY
- SLEEP TIGHT
- A LONELY PLACE TO DIE
- Secret Screening # 2, PARANORMAL ACTIVITY 3 — I abandoned ship after an hour.
- THE HOLDING
- COMIC-CON EPISODE IV: A FAN’S HOPE
Tribeca 2011 (Online)
|1||FLOWERS OF EVIL|
|3||THE RIDE (short)|
|4||MR. STACHE (short)|
|5||THE KISS (short)|
|6||THE DUNGEON MASTER (short)|
|8||YEAR ZERO (short)|
|9||MY LAST ROUND|
|11||SUMMER SNAPSHOT (short)|
|12||NEW YORK SAYS THANK YOU|
|14||CRASH AND BURN (short)|
|2||THE BALLAD OF GENESIS AND LADY JAYE|
|4||NARRATIVE SHORTS 1|
|6||IN A BETTER WORLD|
|9||SOUND OF MY VOICE|
|12||FUCK MY LIFE|
|13||ATTACK THE BLOCK (SAW IT TWICE!)|
|14||PAGE ONE: INSIDE THE NEW YORK TIMES|
|16||AICN ANNIVERSARY SCREENING: DRAGONSLAYER|
|17||HOW TO DIE IN OREGON|
|18||MEDIUM SHORTS: UMSHINI WAM, NIGHT FISHING|
|19||MY SUCKY TEEN ROMANCE|
|21||DOCUMENTARY SHORTS 2|
|22||ROAD TO NOWHERE|
|24||INCENDIARY: THE WILLINGHAM CASE|
|25||NARRATIVE SHORTS 3|
|26||CHARLIE CASANOVA (I WALKED OUT!!)|
|31||CAVE OF FORGOTTEN DREAMS|
|32||OUR DAY WILL COME|
|35||MEDIUM COOL SHORTS|
BNAT 12: The Dirty Dozenth
…not really a film festival, but I’m putting the information here.
- TRUE GRIT
- LE SAMOURAI
- ON THE TOWN
- COWBOYS AND ALIENS (2 reels)
- RANGO (8 minutes)
- SANTA FE TRAIL
- THE FIGHTER
- THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME
- CHIMES AT MIDNIGHT
- RICHARD PRYOR: LIVE IN CONCERT
- THE GREEN HORNET
- HOBO WITH A SHOTGUN
- DRIVE ANGRY 3D
- TRON: LEGACY (IMAX 3D)
Austin Film Festival 2010
- BLACK SWAN
- BLUE VALENTINE
- MAIN STREET
- PEEP WORLD
- RABBIT HOLE
- 127 HOURS
Fantastic Fest 2010
- ANIMATED SHORTS
- CLASS OF 1984 (DESTROY ALL MOVIES)
- COLD FISH
- GOLDEN SLUMBER
- HOUSEMAID, THE
- I SAW THE DEVIL
- LEGEND OF THE FIST: THE RETURN OF CHEN ZHEN
- MACHETE MAIDENS UNLEASHED
- MAN FROM NOWHERE, THE
- MUTANT GIRLS SQUAD
- NEVER LET ME GO
- RARE EXPORTS: A CHRISTMAS TALE
- RED HILL
- SOMEWHAT GENTLE MAN, A
- SOUND OF NOISE
- TROLL HUNTER, THE
- WE ARE WHAT WE ARE
- DOGTOOTH – My favorite film of the festival
- LEAVES OF GRASS – Everything thrown in but the kitchen sink
- OUTCAST – I daydreamed about doing laundry. Boring….
- NARRATIVE SHORTS 1
- LAST TRAIN HOME – From heartbreaking to devastating in mere minutes. Really liked it.
- THE PEOPLE VS GEORGE LUCAS – I’ve never engaged in any of the arguments examined in this doc, so I found it quite informative.
- EXPERIMENTAL SHORTS – Of the bunch, FEEDER was my fave. Gross….
- SATURDAY NIGHT – Pretty engaging doc from James Franco. It almost tempted me to begin watching SNL again. Almost…
- RED, WHITE & BLUE – Ahhhhh, Noah Taylor in a slow-burn flick. (LOVES!) It’s a shame that the second male lead didn’t have the acting chops necessary to match his co-stars.
- SERBIAN FILM – I call BULLSHIT!
- PELADA – Rich kids travel the world to play soccer with different folks. It’s not as annoying as it sounds.
- THUNDER SOUL – My favorite doc of the festival
- CENTURION – I’ve said it once. I’ll say it again. Did we just see the next movie in the CRANK franchise? Dominic West was totally wasted. Can someone issue a memo telling directors that action quick shots almost never work?
- NARRATIVE SHORTS 3
- GET LOW – Thoroughly entertaining southern gothic tale. Was Robert Duvall’s character actually an aged E.F. Dewey? (his character in THE APOSTLE)
- GOOGLE BABY – It had the best intentions but was all over the place
- SKELETONS – Things go unexplained…and audiences like it. Hey Hollywood, here’s an example if you need one…
- BARRY MUNDAY – The more I think about this film, the less I like it. I don’t know if I really like or care about any of the characters.
- PRESUNTO CULPABLE – Here’s the preachy doc that failed. It didn’t move me to action of any sort – other than to the next film.
- LOVERS OF HATE – Is that a penis on my shoulder?
- MONSTERS – Those filmmakers….bless their hearts. They tried their best and what they have is a hot mess.
- ONE NIGHT IN VEGAS – By far, the most disappointing doc. No new information provided. As a matter of fact, the director stated in the Q&A that he purposely avoided the question “Why was Tupac shot?” LAME!
- WEIRD WORLD OF BLOWFLY – Let’s make fun of an aging singer and then exploit him. Blech…
- HIGANJIMA – The audience sat in stunned silence for about 30 seconds and then giggled. Uh oh…
- JEAN-MICHEL BASQUIAT: THE RADIANT CHILD – A labor of love from director Tamra Davis. My second favorite doc.
- FOUR LIONS – Uncomfortably funny. Entertaining little film.